Yorkshire Amateur leave empty handed in defeat to Villagers.

Yorkshire Amateur left empty-handed from their visit to The Villagers on Saturday evening, losing 4-0 in the NCEL Premier.

Luke Mitchell’s uncomfortable save at The Dransfield Stadium, on debut, led to him spilling the ball straight into Danny Earl to open the scoring from close-range.

Jamie Forrester helped himself to hitting a loose ball inside the box to double the lead before Danny Buttle’s two goals inside the final four minutes made it a comfortable end for the hosts.

Alfie Wilkinson made an early exit for the Ammers, being sent off for a late challenge in the 72nd-minute, alongside opponent Levi Tarbotton’s dismissal for his reaction.

Louis Fialdini was denied the opener, off the line, from his first-time shot across goal, following Alfie Wilkinson’s cross.

Francis Huart was the other full-debutant for the Ammers. Adam Shaw returned to the starting line-up from the bench during midweek.

Two early crosses for North Ferriby caused problems in the opening five minutes, one from either side.

Gervas Chipasha blocked the shot from the far post after the initial cross from the right before Huart beat Emerton to the low delivery from the left which reached the penalty spot.

The hosts definitely controlled proceedings, managing the majority share of possession and Jamie Forrester obliged to shoot from 30-yards, forcing Mitchell into tipping over, ten minutes in.

The resulting corner, after being cleared, was crossed back to Whiteley who’s glanced header was wide of the far left-hand post.

Wilkinson rewon possession 20-yards from Ferriby’s goal, rebounding the ball to Shaw infield from the right.

The winger’s first-time pass was too strong for the run of Fialdini, to his left, behind the host defence, however.

A Wilkinson interception again began Ammers’ attack, on the edge of Ferriby’s box, dribbling round two challenges down the left of the box.

His low cross found Louis Fialdini to shoot across goal, first-time, but it was cleared off the line.

Danny Earl received the ball with his back to goal but used the distraction of Forrester‘s run down the line to instead cut inside before he was blocked in his shot attempt.

Earl’s hold-up play was again on show, shielding off Chipasha before setting Ferriby off down the left.

Whiteley received the cross on the edge of the right of the box, cutting inside before his shot to the near post is deflected into the side-netting.

Huart was first to the ball this time but failed to clear, rather heading back to his own goal and into Whiteley running into the left of the box, shooting inches outside the far post.

Chipasha replied by heading wide of the far post from Wilkinson’s deep free-kick, won by Frimpong’s success down the left wing, winning the foul as he’s denied into the Ferriby box.

Ferriby’s opener came from a mistake from Mitchell in goal, spilling the initial shot for Danny Earl’s close-range finish on 31 minutes.

Mitchell failed to catch the ball during his dive to his left, the ball spinning into the centre of the Ammers’ box with Danny Earl shielding off his defender and hooking the ball past the ‘keeper.

Levi Tarbotton’s disallowed goal in first-half added-time meant Mitchell saved the lead doubling before the break, having denied Forrester twice inside the 6-yard box before the goal was put into goal.

Tarbotton’s run with the ball, out of defence, deep into the ammers’ half, ended when his touch around Wilkinson’s challenge, knocks the ball to Forrester running towards the left-hand post.

The forward’s cut inside ended with him beside the other post and Mitchell diving low to his left to save, twice, the ball rebounding to Tarbotton to put into goal before the linesman’s flag dissalowed the goal.

The Villagers’ control of possession continued after the restart, teeing up Jamie Forrester’s volley inches over the top left-hand corner, within minutes.

Louis Kirk ended with the ball after it had shuffled its way across from the left of the Ferriby midfield.

His pass right was quickly converted into a cross towards the far post, which Forrester got hold of well, the shot curling away from the top corner.

Mike Jones then anticipated the dropping ball before finding Fialdini against the last Ferriby defender.

The forward was forced wide, now opposed with the Ferriby full-back in support and the shot was blocked.

Forrester eventually doubled the lead, on 65 minutes, hitting a loose ball first-time, inside the box, inside the far side-netting.

Huart won the initial challenge beside his right-hand post but the ball dropped to a Ferriby man.

The delivery into the box fell to Forrester to curl the ball inside the far post.

Mitchell won the test between Earl and himself, this time, diving to his near right-hand post to deny the powerful shot.

Alfie Wilkinson saw red after his late challenge in the 72nd-minute which caused a reaction from a crowd of North Ferriby players, most notably Tarbotton who was then also sent off whilst ‘keeper Lewis Hill received only a yellow.

Danny Buttle made sure Ferriby could relax in the final minutes with his header at the far post.

A mis-placed throw-in from Huart gifted North Ferriby possession, switching the ball to the right and Forrester.

The winger’s high cross beat every Ammers defender to land on buttle’s head, diverting the ball away from the diving Williams and inside the post.

Substitute Buttle’s second in three minutes made it 4-0 at full-time.

Alone in the box following a cross from the right, he poked the ball into the same area as his first finish.

Yorkshire Amateur travel to Campion on Wednesday in the League Cup second round, kick-off 7:45pm.