U16s twice recover two-goal deficit against rivals but suffer defeat.

Guiseley 6-4 U16s

West Riding FA Stadium

Saturday, 8th May, 12:05pm Kick-off.

Josh Carney’s and Amari Smith’s long-range goals both equalised but eventually the U16s suffered a 6-4 defeat.

Two goals in the final 15 minutes for Guiseley separated the teams, ending Farsley’s JPL North-East & Yorkshire U16 Whites Cup campaign.

Smith almost doubled his tally to equalise a third time but his second long-range attempt hit the bar.

Joe Hudson was tested on 3 minutes to push a shot from inside the right of the box, wide of the near post.

The resulting corner went close, headed just over the far left post.

Guiseley took the lead a minute later.

A misplaced pass out of the Farsely defence was intercepted 30 yards out before being played through to a forward outside of the box, one-on-one, and he chipped Hudson.

Farsley and Kyrell Kavanagh replied quickly on 7 minutes, winning the race to a long-ball forward and poking goalwards but saved by the ‘keepers chest.

Farsley thought they were level on 12 minutes but it was dissalowed.

Smith’s shot from the centre of the edge of the box flew into the path of Carney who rounded the ‘keeper to level but the flag was raised.

Miguel Da Costa looked sharp from the start, firstly passing to Kavanagh in-behind but the ‘keeper beat the forward to the ball inside the box. Secondly, on 14 minutes, the winger cut inside from the right, away from his marker and into space before shooting but saved low to the ‘keepers left.

Guiseley held the ball up well inside the right of the box two minutes later. The pass was cut back central outside the box and the powerful shot was parried by Hudson, followed by a challenge from a the boot of a forward but the ‘keeper gathered at the second attempt.

Khalid Abdelaziz’s shot from 35 yards out, central, was then too much for the Guiseley ‘keeper on 17 minutes, fumbled round the left post.

Guiseley extended their lead on 20 minutes, however.

Close control dribbling down the right allowed the forward to advance in the penalty area before passing left and a first-time shot low past Hudson’s left.

Da Costa continued his bright start to pull one back just two minutes later.

Abdelaziz’s perfectly placed, drilled cross from the left found Da Costa at the back post to place into a large gap in goal.

Guiseley recovered with a clever turn using a back heel to make space for a shot but it was from a distance and well over.

Farsley were level a minute before the half-hour.

Carney received a pass from the right, controlled on the edge of the box before finding the top right corner with a curled effort.

Kavanagh dropped deep to receive a pass, central, on 36 minutes before passing in-between centre-half and left full-back to Da Costa. The winger, one-on-one, shot but was saved.

Guiseley retook the lead half a minute later.

Countering the resulting corner, the forward, central and one-on-one, chipped Hudson.

The hosts then retook a two-goal advantage a minute after that.

A good initial save from Hudson after a forward cut inside from left, the ball was parried to a forward on the penalty spot who beat the ‘keeper before he could get back up.

Another good save from Hudson ended the half after the ball was passed all the way from right of the box, between three players, to the opposite side and shot towards the far post but saved by Hudson’s knee.

Farsley and Abdelaziz pulled one back on 46 minutes.

Brilliant skill from Smith to beat his first man in central midfield and then brilliant strength to beat his second inside the box before being finally intercepted. The loose ball was met by Abdelaziz’s first-time half-volley into the top right corner.

Smith himself then equalised two minutes later from 25-yards out.

Smith, central and with plenty of time in midfield, decided to shoot hard and over the ‘keeper.

Guiseley responded on 50 minutes, shooting inside the right of the box but wide of the right post.

The Lions again attacked four minutes later, a shot parried by Hudson to the edge of the box where a second attacker attempted to place his shot but well wide of the left post.

Smith’s deep cross on 62 minutes was perfectly aimed down the ‘corridor’ where Da Costa was waiting at the back post, lunging but inches away from connecting.

Guiseley instead took the lead on 64 minutes.

Their own 30-yard strike, left-centre of midfield, flew all the way over Hudson, inside the far right post.

Smith almost replied four minutes later, Da Costa intercepting the ball back 25-yards out before setting up Smith to his right. The midfielder’s first-time shot smashed against the underside of the bar but then back out, away from the goal.

Kavanagh went close to equalising after being passed through one-on-one. It was a chance he finished twice in his last match but this time he placed wide of the left post.

Guiseley struck Farsley’s bar on 77 minutes, 20 yards out, a left-footed effort.

Hudson saved his team again, on 79 minutes, a curling effort from the left, outside the box was pushed behind the far post.

Guiseley then restored a two-goal advantage for the third time.

Cutting in from the left, on the edge of the box, a right-footed shot flew over Hudson inside the far post.

Guiseley tried once more before full-time, central, 25-yards out, just wide of the top left corner.