Amateur lose battle of The Easy Buy

Yorkshire Amateur conceded defeat to Barton Town with a 3-0 scoreline on Saturday afternoon at The Easy Buy Stadium.

Ben Hinchcliffe’s double saw the hosts lead by two at the break in the NCEL Premier tie before Fraser Papprill’s third in the second-half.

Ammers’ new signing pair Oliver Maude and Aaron Batley both made the matchday squad, Maude starting whilst Batley made the bench.

There was to be a late, second change to the midweek starting line-up also as Shane Hanson forfeitted his place due to injury, replaced by Alfie Wilkinson.

Barton mapped out The Easy Buy Stadium as they as they had The Southerns Stadium earlier in the season, exploiting width.

Joshua Lacey was denied in the opening minutes but by playing through the two central midfielders, Scott Matthews, from the left, got space to cross to the far post, Ford watching the ball drop wide.

Matthews again initiated the second attack on Ford’s goal, a set-piece curling into goal from the right but charged with too much power that it flew beyond the target.

Fowler’s chance to hold possession for Ammers led to Fernandes and then Wilkinson with the ball deep into Barton territory.

The latter made a winding path to goal, through enemy lines but was knocked down en route. Parnell’s free-kick had the same result as Matthews’ at the danger area, missing the goal.

Barton made the first hit on the scoreline though, Ben Hinchcliffe from point-blank range on 21 minutes.

Tom Waudby assisted the goalscorer, playing him into goal with a short pass from the right for Hinchcliffe’s first-time strike.

Fowler again using his strength, was stopped a line to advance, instead passing back to Wilkinson who’s first-time ball arrowed straight to Jamal Stewart on the right. The winger passed the baton to Maude, marching out of midfield and into the box to poke into the near side-netting.

Barton’s second took advantage of Ford’s vacating his base between goal, allowing Hinchcliffe an open target to get his second.

Ford’s attempted headed clearance outside of the edge of his box was volleyed back into goal by Hinchcliffe.

Barton’s number nine replayed the same strategy as he attempted his hat-trick, as he had played for his second, Ford winning the race for the ball aimed for Sam Cable but clearing only to Hinchcliffe.

Ford’s base position allowed him to simply catch the shot on this attempt, entering half-time with his side two down.

Harrison Coley went close to inflicting further damage after the break, curling towards the far top-corner from the left side of the box, inches wide.

Lacey’s arrowed strike from the edge of the box then flew past the opposite post.

Sam Cable’s header turned out to be a misfire as the ref adjudged a push after the striker had headed across goal and inside the far right-hand post.

Fraser Papprill needed to make a bigger connection on a corner from the left when his side-footed effort continuing across goal and away from danger.

He made sure of his header to follow to add a third for Barton following a free-kick from the right.

Daniel Leafe fouled Waudby beside the right of the Ammers’ box and the delivery marked Papprill’s run at the far post perfectly as he powered a header past Ford.

Stewart held an advanced position on Ammers’ right-flank, with the ball before laying off Charlie Parnell more central.

The natural winger turned left, then right to hit a powerful strike at goal but off target.

The quieter end livened up slightly with a chance at both ends.

Firstly, Fowler was found by Conde’s cut-back to the edge of the box, a first-time shot comfortably caught.

Secondly, Waudby’s pace down the Barton right again caused problems but his delivery was too close to ‘keeper Ford as he parried the ball out of his box.

Still, the earlier strikes saw Ammers surrender the points at The Easy Buy Stadium.

League leaders North Ferriby enter The Southerns Stadium next Saturday, kick-off at 3pm.