Conde’s 35-yard strike undone by Petch winner as Amateur beaten by Goole

Newton Conde found the far top corner from 35-yards, completing Ammers’ recovery of a two-goal deficit to level, but Goole’s Callum Petch retook the lead for a 3-2 victory in the NCEL Premier on Saturday evening.

Chris Spinks’ direct free-kick curled over the wall and inside the near post was the pick of Goole’s strikes, ? by Callum Brooks’ header following a corner and Petch the first to a spill from Fabio intumbo, finishing Goole’s winner.

Alfie Wilkinson started Ammers’ initial comeback, heading back across goal from Jordan Spencer’s cross to the far post.

Omar Gikineh was the single change to last week’s starting eleven, replacing TJ Kongolo, whilst Josh Brown was added to the bench.

Ousainey Juwara’s scuffed shot from the centre of the edge of the Goole box opened the chances on eight minutes following a recovery of possession in midfield by Fermin Fernandez.

Alfie Wilkinson then received the pass on the right and found Juwara’s run into the box but the pressuring defender appeared to unbalance the Ammers forward as he shot.

Jordan Spencer’s header behind at the back post was compounded by the linesman’s flag on Callum Petch’s position hiding behind the Ammers full-back.

Pertch’s deflected effort minutes later from the edge of the box, after Ammers had cleared a corner, had Intumbo scrambling towards his right-hand post before smothering.

Tyler Walker’s weak touch handed Juwara possession deep into Goole’s half, the visitors attacking two-on-three in Goole’s favour.

Juwara had Wilkinson in support but used him as a decoy instead, curling his left-footed effort wide of the far left-hand post whilst opting against the help.

Conde’s pass over the Goole high defensive line, into Wilkinson, teased Alfie Stevens-Neale out of goal before he retreated but Wilkinson tried to make use of the space behind the stopper, instead chipping the ball high over the bar.

Juwara was enjoying the space, this time down the right just after the quarter-hour mark.

His pace gave him time behind his chasing marker to shift his body to shoot right-footed across goal, saved low by Stevens-Neale.

Goole’s base deep inside Ammers’ half almost saw Petch unintentionally open the scoring off his back, running into the path of a team-mates shot from the edge.

Wilkinson and Juwara combined again on the edge of Goole’s box, the midfielder passing the baton to his forward out wide before the recipient cut inside and repayed the favour and the ball.

Wilkinson’s first-touch knocked the ball onto his weaker left foot before striking low towards the right-hand corner, saved.

After Wilkinson’s following attempt was skied, Intumbo’s finger-tipped save round the post denied James Playford’s placed effort after weaving through the centre of Ammers’ box.

Goole’s opener was a goal as soon as the resulting corner was delivered, Callum Brooks free to meet the flight of the ball with his header.

With so much space, Brooks’ bullet-header into the roof of the net was foreseen as soon as the delivery came in.

Chris Spinks’ direct free-kick was much more impressive for Goole’s second.

20-yards out, left-of-center, it favoured the right foot of Spinks to curl the ball over the wall and away from the diving Intumbo, inside the near post.

Wilkinson’s header back across goal brought Ammers back within one of level, minutes before the break.

Kadeem Morton advanced over the half-way line down the left before passing forward into the path of Spencer’s run. The left-back’s cross to the far post found Wilkinson who directed the ball over Stevens-Neale in goal and into the top corner.

Petch threatened early in the second-half, as he did in the first, twisting in and out before eventually turning inside and shooting low at Intumbo to save.

How Newton Conde was then able to find the top corner from 30-yards out was unbelievable.

The winger, inside from his natural wide base, placed the ball neatly infront of himself before arrowing a shot across goal, over Stevens-Neale and into the top-corner to level.

Ollie Russon tried to replicate it, to a point, for the hosts, pushing the ball onto his right before curling a shot from 25-yards, across goal and wide.

A free-kick, awarded for a foul on Alfie Gibbons on half-way, was chipped over the Goole defence and into Fernandez to drill a cross into the centre of the Goole box, cleared behind.

Petch was fortunate of a spill from Intumbo for Goole to retake the lead.

A direct free-kick was spilled by Intumbo, Petch beating Gikineh to the rebound, rounding the grounded ‘keeper and smashing into an open net from just yards out.

With Ammers showing intent, this also allowed Goole to counter, Rio Allen pacing at the Ammers’ back four before passing in Russon to curl straight at Intumbo.

It allowed Zavier Elkin in-behind into the box, from right full-back, and hit the near post with a powerful shot.

Wilkinson looked to have carved himself the equaliser with five minutes remaining, running down the right, into the box and chopping the ball inside the centre-half.

One-on-one, he hooked his right-footed shot wide of the far left-hand post, dragged across the grass leaving Ammers wide of the mark at full-time.

Ammers’ trip to Maltby Main next Saturday, 3rd December, starts at the earlier kick-off of 1:30pm at Muglet Lane.