Match report: U16s score double figures

Farsley U16s scored 10 against All Skills Elite in a 10-1 victory in the Junior Premier League earlier today.

Donrique Davis’ seven-minute hat-trick in the first-half assisted a 6-0 lead at the break at Leeds Road Sports Complex, accompanied by goals from Alfie Catterall, Rafael Matzinhe and Luca Ferullo.

The 10th goal was the pick, Gavin Maleka beating the ‘keeper from 30-yards, the shot just dipping under the bar.

Broadie’s second-half double, alongside Jake Larkin’s solo strike, completed the scoring for the Celts, with ‘keeper Leo Elsdon beaten just once.

Catterall claimed the first among a scamble in a huddle inside the box following a corner on 10 minutes. The ‘keeper failed to claim as he came out of his net, Catterall shadowing the stopper before the ball is diverted into goal and the defender stamping his name on the finish.

Matzinhe’s strike followed two minutes later. Just inside the box, receiving a cut-back from the left, the attacking midfielder side-footed across goal with too much power to beat the fingertips of the ‘keeper and find the bottom-right corner.

Ferullo’s third on 20 minutes was a simple finish after fast attacking football down the left. Beginning with Adamson, the full-back passed ahead of the run of Davis who advanced into the box. His low cross made the ‘keeper irrelevant at the near post, meeting Ferullo in the centre to tap in from close range.

Davis began his hat-trick on 27 minutes and finished it by 34.

His first – somewhat like his goal of the month contender, began with the winger cutting inside from the left, this time shooting hard into the top right corner.

The second – Davis, with the ball in the box, rounded the ‘keeper to the left and poked into the empty net.

Then his third – a through ball put Davis one-on-one before finishing to give the Celts a 6-0 lead at the break.

Elsdon denied at his top left corner on 57 minutes, proving he was still alert despite rarely using his hands so far, playing more of a sweeper role.

Broadie continued Farsley’s scoring on 64 minutes, controlling a through ball one-on-one, knocking it ahead into the box before poking inside the near post.

The hosts then scored one in return three minutes later to make the score now 7-1 to the Celts.

But a minute later, Jake Larkin restored the seven-goal lead, poking in at the near left post after Sam Ali’s corner.

Broadie’s second was assisted by a driving run from Maleka, out of midfield and into the box before the ball found Broadie to the right, inside the box, to pass round the now out of position ‘keeper finding the goal.

Maleka’s 30-yard strike completed the scoring. Shooting from central, the ball rose over the ‘keeper and dipped just under the crossbar.

Robert Adamson hit the bar in search for an 11th minutes before full-time, curling left-footed from the right touchline but the ball didn’t dip enough to avoid the tip of the framework.