Match report: Juwara & Djermoune first Farsley strikes assist U23s 5-0 win

Ousainey Juwara (2) and Fares Djermoune scored their first Farsley goals alongside a Reggie Waud double to earn an U23s pre-season victory against Alwoodley.

‘Keeper Jordan Leatham and defender Kenneth Effah made their non-competitive debuts, promoted from the U21s.

Majed Alastal and Wilfred Frimpong earned their first starts since following the same pathway.

Farsley’s opener came just three minutes in.

Louis Fialdini, with his back to goal, flicked the ball over his head into Waud to his left. The recipient controlled before and pushing the ball onto his left foot on the edge of box, into space before powering low past the left of the ‘keeper.

Alwoodley’s corner from the left on 6 minutes found the last man albeit past the far post. His shot on the slide beat Leatham towards goal but hit Frimpong on the line.

Another corner, from the other side on 13 minutes, again beat everyone landing at the last man and was volleyed across goal but wide.

Jacob Smith was held off the ball, allowing space for the shot 20 yards out, central, curled straight at Leatham.

Alwoodley combined again from a set-piece, a deep free-kick from the right again high over the group towards a free-header at back post, directed wide.

Waud was fouled on 34 minutes on Farsley’s left touchline but he passed the free-kick quickly into the advancing Fialdini inside the left of the box but his shot was tracked and blocked at the last second.

Mitchell Fox’s corner on 38 minutes connected with Mannings’ head at the far post but he was under the ball to head over.

Mannings won his header in the centre of the field a minute later, directed forwards to Waud who flicked the ball on its path into Fialdini. His first-touch is good, away from the defender but he can’t keep the bouncing ball down, poking over the bar.

Alwoodley’s cross into the box was headed clear by Majed Alastal at the far post but only to an Alwoodley attacker who controlled before firing high over with the final kick of the first half.

Farsley and Waud doubled their tallies, again inside the first three minutes of the half.

Smith, from inside own half, passed towards Waud but slightly over hit forcing the forward away from goal. He’s got time to cut onto his right, shrugging his marker to the floor allowing time for a powerful strike into the far right corner.

Alwoodley had the ball in the goal after being one-on-one inside the box but Montgomery is clipped covering the pass and the referee calls the foul.

Juwara was then himself one-on-one on the edge of the box but hit his shot with too much power, over the bar.

He eventually found the net just two minutes later, however, from a similar position.

Smith again with the direct pass in behind into the path of Juwara inside the right of the box. This time power is matched by accuracy, hit inside the near post.

Djermoune’s tenacity deflected the ball away from the defender and ahead of the forward into the left of the box before shooting hard towards the top left corner but held strongly by the ‘keeper.

After Effah was beaten by skill on 70 minutes, allowing the forward to advance into the box, Leatham denied the low shot to his right.

Farsley’s fourth followed a ‘keeper error as a result of more pressure from Djermoune

Substitute Djermoune pressed the ‘keeper on the penalty spot and intercepting the ball, the ‘keeper grounded allowing an empty goal to tap into.

Juwara then hit the left side netting from inside the box on 76 minutes.

Alwoodley’s own pressure on 78 minutes led to intercepting the ball and passing between centre-halves behind the defence but Leatham denied again, with his legs.

Juwara’s second, Farsley’s fifth and final goal was designed by Fox’s attacking run out of midfield on 80 minutes.

Fox collected the ball in the middle of the pitch before beating several defender down the right of the box and crossing low to Juwara on the penalty spot who hooked the ball, on the stretch, low inside the near post

Smith recovered a mis weighted pass by Dike and advanced out of defence into the Alwoodley half. He played between defenders, ahead of Djermoune inside the left of the box. The forward crossed into the centre to Stewart-Savery who held the ball up with his back to goal, teeing up Juwara on the edge whos first-time shot was deflected wide with the final meaningful attack of the match.

The U23s next match will be competitive action with the opening fixture yet to be announced.